HOW TO JOIN
To join the Career Prospectors on LinkedIn, search LinkedIn Groups for Career Prospectors, send a request to join. If you LinkedIn profile does not clearly indicate you are currently in transition please send a note indicating your reason for joining this Richmond VA area group.
To join the Career Prospectors Meetup group, search Meetup for Career Prospectors, send a request to join. Please note your career status or reason for joining in your introduction or message. The Meetup group provides a calendar of events. The Meetup group is limited to career seekers and individual actively participating in our Face to Face events.
Alternatively you may request to join either Meetup or LinkedIn by sending send an email to Charlie Wood requesting to join us on either LinkedIn or Meetup.
An Orientation session for new job seekers is held monthly. The session is designed to provide people in transition information about Career Prospectors and JAM as well as a process to follow and to create an awareness of other valuable resources available during the job search.
Location: For meeting times and locations visit the Career Prospectors Meetup site at http://www.meetup.com/http-career-prospectors-com/
To support the group:
If you are a recruiter or professional and would like to visit you may do so by attending one of our Tuesday morning meetings.
- Employers, we encourage you to submit job postings to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following requirements:
- Title of position – 200 characters or less
- Description of the position with contact information – less than 4000 characters
- Must be in MS Word document or text in the body of the email
- Volunteer Opportunities
- If you would be interested in presenting a topic, appropriate to a professional job seeker, at one of the weekly meetings contact Charlie Wood
- If you have any tools and/or templates appropriate to a professional job seeker, that you would like to share, contact Charlie Wood
- If you have a networking event, appropriate for a professional job seeker, that you would like to posted on the Career Prospectors MeetUp site , contact Charlie Wood